Tuesday, January 13, 2015

5 reasons to love being a morning person.

Let's face it a lot of people are either an early riser or a night owl. I spent many of my earlier years as a bed monster and would refuse to budge if I didn't have to, because at such a small age what are the real benefits of rising early - apart from on Christmas? As the years have gone by, I have discovered and formed a solid sleeping pattern and routine - obviously on occasion it slips, but 9/10 I stick to it. 

Today I am going to share 5 reasons why being a morning person it actually beneficial. 

Breakfast will become your favourite meal of the day. As people say 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day!' I honestly do not understand how people manage the morning on an empty stomach? I love experimenting with breakfast recipes throughout the week and making the most out of my meal so that it becomes my favourite and nutritious. My personal favourites are cereal and milk (yes boring, but scrumptious if the right cereal is chosen.)  poached eggs on toast, porridge (various flavours - post coming soon) yoghurt and granola. 

Building a better sleeping pattern. The earlier you rise, the earlier you will head to bed in the evening. I tend to go to bed about 9 - 9:30pm (I am genuinely an old lady I know…) and will wake at about 6am. If I have late nights, it does take a while to get back on track - however having 8-9 hours of sleep a night is defiantly rewarding. 

Work in a little physical exercise. Working out in the morning will make you feel 100% more awake, energetic and positive towards your day. I love to take a walk outside in the fresh air as soon as I get up, or if the weather is miserable or I want a change yoga is defiantly soothing for the soul and certainly beneficial for the mind. Alternatively I will complete a work out - cardio or strength training around 7am for about 1 hour 5 days a week. You can fit this in along with your breakfast, shower and getting ready routine all before 9am, which means you are back to your normal time of proceeding with work or your house jobs. 

Start ticking off that to-do list. I tend to be the most productive in the first few hours of the day, and I manage to cross off a decent portion of my to-do list by midday. The earlier that you start ticking off your jobs the better you will feel for the rest of the day. 

Throw in a little me time. Always spending a lot of your time glued to your laptop or indoors certainly feels might be produce, but you can feel trapped and there is always something to procrastinate about. Waking up early allows you to have the whole day ahead, which means that there is a spare time to fit in an hour or so of relaxation and catch up on all your favourite things. 

I tend to scroll through Instagram, whilst eating my breakfast. I love to watch and unhealthy about of YouTube videos and will usually have them playing in the background whilst I am getting ready for the day. (Sometimes I get to carried away I can sit for a whole hour watching!) I also like to grab a book when I can - either before bed so that I am not stuck to an electronic device right before I sleep or at lunchtime if the weather is nice I will sit under the summer sun and soak in the vitamin D. 


What about you, are you are morning person or a night owl? 

M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment