Monday, November 24, 2014

Lemon Curd Cupcakes.

Hello … 


  
Whilst I am sat squished on a plane traveling to Melbourne for the weekend I thought I would make the most of my time and try to write as many upcoming posts as I can. Firstly let me say that I completely forgot that seats on internal flights were extremely close together and quite intrusive in your personal space, but seeing as the fight is only an hour long I think I can handle it.




I can happily say that I have graduated from high school and I cannot wait for new adventures to begin. I will defiantly be back into the swing of baking, which is exciting as I am excited to start experimenting and learning new techniques ready to share and document.



I am a enormous lover of cupcakes, and I find the construction of the cake to the filling and frosting to be three extremely adaptable components, which allows the range of flavours to be wild and wacky. I would say one of my top five dreams would be to manage my very own bakery, but as that is a mile from now, in the meantime I hope to trial new flavours and develop a potential menu that I can someday use.


Today I am sharing with you a delicious Lemon Curd Cupcake that is divine, soft and has a burst of tanginess from the lemon zest and curd centre.



This style of cake is perfect for gathering in the spring and summer that can be shared with family and friends or could be packaged nicely as a sweet gift.


This Vanilla Cupcake recipe by Martha Stewart is one of my favourites, however I am still hunting for the perfect recipe that is light, soft and ideally well risen and flat to the top of the cupcake case. Yes my list of expectations is quite high however someday I will perfect it. A classic lemon curd recipe can be found anywhere on the Internet or can be simply bought from the supermarket either way is perfectly fine for this scrumptious cupcake. However, if you would like to have a go at marking your own try this one from Not Quite Nigella and see what you think. Then add you favourite buttercream recipe to the top of the cake and voila you have a lemon curd cupcake. Now feel free to add a yellow fondant daisy or a spoonful of lemon curd for extra presentation and taste. 


I hope you have enjoyed this sweet cupcake post and stay tuned for my Melbourne posts over the next couple of days. 

M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment