Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Banana, Coconut & Mixed Berry Bread.

Good morning you beautiful rays of sunshine, how are you? I finally have a moment to sit and write a blog post, which is fabulous although I do enjoy my Christmas Casual position at the moment as it is my first time in retail and I can safely say out loud that I love it! However whilst it has been crazy town the past week, my posts have been lacking slightly - which is why I will be updating you later on in this very post. 


Firstly though, who loves banana bread? I know I do. A thick slice of bread toasted and lathered in butter is absolute perfection. However I have decided to step up the classic banana bread recipe and add in succulent mixed berries and sweet coconut to the mix - therefore in my eyes this mix of ingredients has made a whole new level of scrumptious banana bread creations. 


 Banana bread is typically a cake mix shaped into a loaf pan, which has formed the name of bread/loaf. Whilst bread is in the title there are no technical methods of adding yeast and making sure to separate it from the salt and all of that jazz. You can literally make it in the one bowl, which is perfect when it comes to washing up! 



Banana, Coconut & Mixed Berry Bread 
Ingredients: 
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
2 eggs, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
100g desiccated coconut
1 cup mixed berries
180g cater sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Method:
1. Preheat an oven to 180-degrees (gas 4). Grease and line the base and sides of a 21x11cm loaf tin.
2. Put the mashed bananas into a large bowl and mix in the eggs; it is quicker if you use electric beaters.
3. One by one add in the dry ingredients; flour, coconut, sugar, salt, bicarbonate powder - until just combined.
4. Gently mixed in the mixed berries. It is important to do this stage softly so that the entire mixture does not turn pink. A slight ripple effect needs to be created.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. If the top starts to brown cover with foil for the remaining cooking time.
6. Remove the bread from the oven once cooked and cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning onto a wired rack.
7. Cut into slices and serve the banana bread warm or at room temperature.


Compared to a traditional banana bread that is toasted and layered with butter, this particular style of bread only needs to be warmed due to the moisture from the berries. Therefore you do not need any extra condiments, otherwise just heat and serve straightaway.

It is light, soft and is packed full of flavour from the powering bananas to the sweet and subtle coconut, and the burst of mixed berries. It is fantastic for morning or afternoon tea as well as a snack throughout the day. I would love for you all to give it a try and if any of you have a favourite banana bread recipe then please comment it down below because I would love to make some more! 


As for my little update … as you may know from reading my last couple of posts, I will be hopefully (*fingers crossed) completing Blogmas this year, which is posting on my blog everyday up until Christmas. I will be sharing with you heaps of recipes, plus a few DIY's and gift ideas along the way. So I have been organising (pretty much making a list) of everything that I want to share as well as starting to create little bits so that I don't have to worry about everything last minute. 

I am travelling to Melbourne on Friday and will be gone for four days! I will hopefully be able to share my travelling diaries with you all as soon as I get back and I will keep you updated on those, as I go, but my first one should be posted late Monday evening or Tuesday morning. I will hopefully be writing them as I go, so I can keep up to date with them, however I am unsure of what the Internet connection will be like so I will most likely post them as soon as I am back - as I also want to spend the time relaxing, exploring, shopping and celebrating 13 years of school. 

There should be some exciting posts coming over the next fews weeks and months so please stay tuned to find out more. Please follow any of my social media links in the side bar to stay updated with my whereabouts. 

Have a wonderful day and I will speak to you very soon! 
M x 

No comments:

Post a Comment