Friday, January 17, 2014

Get to know me: Beauty Blogger Tag


For todays post, I decided to write something a little different and let all you lovely viewers get to know me a little more, so that is why I present to you the 'Get to know me: Beauty Blogger Tag!' This was really fun for me to write about so if you enjoyed it as well and would like to see more tags then please let me know and write down possible ideas for me to do! (I always need new ideas for posts : ) 


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair actually has a light wave to it, when it dry’s naturally from having a shower. However if heat goes near it, it will just go all fluffy and to be honest I never wear my hair naturally for more than I have to because I don’t really like it! Ever since I have learnt how to braid (before hand my mother did the honors!), I have slept with it in two plaits (more if I want a tighter affect) the night before, so that it creates a ‘natural’ curl/ wave to my hair. It is literally the easiest hairstyle for me and lasts the entire day, even through both rain and shine.

2. Do you dye your hair yourself or go to a salon?
I’ve never actually dyed my hair before, but I am considering doing an ombre affect, so I think for that I would want to go to salon. I would love to experiment with the blonde bits on the ends of my hair, but as I am rather boring I have not stepped closer to accomplishing it! This maybe something that I will do this year!

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
As I mentioned before, my everyday hairstyle is usually ‘slept in braids’ that I can easily untie in the morning and leave at that. I do occasionally try to mix it up including; buns (messy, low & top knot), pony tails, straight (on the very rare event) and loose plaits, but they all usually start of by me wearing my hair in braids the night before, because it think it gives it a nicer and fuller affect.

4. Do you do your own manicures and pedicures or do you go to a salon?
I do all of my own manicures and pedicures myself and have never had them done in a salon. It is a lot cheaper to do them yourself, but I would definitely want to experience going to a nail salon to get a full on makeover. (I may need to grow my nails a little longer first!)

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
As I am a fulltime high school student, at my school anyway we are not allowed to wear nail polish, so I only ever paint my nails in the summer holidays or if I have an event to go to on a weekend. If so I would say I change my nail polish cover once or twice a week, depending on my mood and if the application is still smooth!

6. Do you paint your toes in the Winter or just in the Summer?
I actually paint my toes all year round. I feel quite bare if I don’t have a colour on my toes and they are usually a deep red or red-toned pink.

7. Do you plan your outfit of the day the night before or just decide when getting dressed?
Whenever I am going somewhere nice the next day, I always plan my outfit the night before. I typically choose something that I have recently bought or grab the classic ‘safe’ option. This way I have more time in the morning to sleep in, get ready or browse over my social media sites, without being in a flap (which is usually what happens) trying to choose an outfit.

8. How often do you change of your handbag?
I usually coordinate my handbag to the outfit that I wear, so every time I go out that is the amount of times I change it.

9. How long does it take you to put on your makeup?
A simple and natural makeup look that I usually wear to school will take me amount 15 minutes, however if I am going out to someplace nice then it would take me a little longer. I am still getting use to the application of eye shadow, eye liner and all of that jazz, because as my face is quite petite dark colours can kind of make me look a little dull and gothic, but as soon as I invest in some good quality products all should be well. (Practice makes perfect right!) I have also had my eyes on the Naked palettes, so let me know in the comments if any of you have used them and whether or not you recommend them.)

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always do my face makeup first! As we are only ever allowed to wear minimal makeup for school, I only ever wear mascara on the eyes, so for me that is the last product I will apply.

11. Do you collect makeup or do you just buy what you need when you need it?
Currently, I wouldn’t say that I collect a large amount of makeup (even though I call it my makeup collection) it contains very minimal products. I have always had a passion for beauty and makeup, but only since I visited London last year I was able to stock up on a whole range of products, but I would say that my collection is a work in progress and will grow over time. I usually by the products that I need and possible try out different brands and kinds then, because I love experimenting. However I do own quite an extensive range of lip products.
.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
To be truly honest with you all I have never worn false eyelashes. I am definitely curious into trying them out (when I actually have a place to wear them to haha!) I have my school formal later down the track; so I will definitely be practicing my makeup for that. In the comment section below write down any of you favourite brands and I will make sure to check them out, but for now I definitely prefer to wear more mascara to create a fuller affect. Testing out mascara has to be one of my most favourite parts about beauty!

13. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday?
Definitely not! If I am not going to school or out for the day then I will just apply the normal amount of makeup I do. If I am staying in at home, then I will wear no make up at all. Also as soon as I come home the first things I do is remove all of my makeup and wash my skin.

14. Will you leave the house without makeup?
If I am happy with my skin and am just popping out for a minute or so, then I will not usually bother applying makeup. If I still don’t want to do a full application of makeup, either a lighter layer of foundation or a smidge of concealer usually does the trick.

15. How many high end products do you own?
Currently I do not own that many high end products, but there are so many that I am currently fantasizing over, which are on my wish list. The most expensive product that I own is my Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation, which I absolutely love and was fortunate to treat myself to when I visited London late last year. Other than that I just use brands like Bourjois, Maybelline, Revlon and Mac, which are also reasonably priced and good quality.

16. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Ever since I was younger I was never an early bird (bed monster is clearly the term!), but now I am quite an early riser and will get up between 6 -7 and because I don’t feel completely with it if I stay up late. (The next morning is usually a hassle!) I will go to bed at about 9-9:30 to really gain the right amount of hours I need to sleep.  

17. How many pets do you have?
Sadly I do not own any nice and friendly pets other than 1 lonely chicken because all of the unhappily passed away. Ahaha In the future I will definitely be looking into getting my own little dogs that I would love to have running around one of my businesses! (we can all dream can’t we?)

18. How often are you on Blogger?
Even though I only post twice a week (Monday & Friday), I do read my blogger dashboard quite frequently. I use it to keep up with other blogs, schedule blog posts and browse over my previous posts comments.

19. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I most defiantly do read comments, because it is a way for me to find new blogs, as well as learn more about what other people think about the product or topic. I also read all the comments on my blog and reply to as many as I can.

20. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use the Canon 600D, which I was very fortunate to purchase for myself, right before I started my blog. Many of you may already know of this camera, as it is a very common camera in the blogging world. It is amazing for taking photos, however as it is quite chunky it is not the best for taking out and about, so I am currently looking into the Canon EOS M camera. It is compact and as I would love to take more pictures and show you what I do and where I go I think it would be ideal.


So anyway I can keep dreaming for a bit, but I hope you have all learnt something new about me and enjoy this lovely day! I will definitely be trying to keep cool on this 42-degree day! (Yesterday it was 46 and was absolutely horrible) Anyway enjoy


Molly xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment