Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013 & Hello 2014...


A reflection of 2013 & what 2014 may hold


So for today’s post I thought it would be nice to have a relaxing sit down chat with you all, and talk about the moments from 2013 and what 2014 may hold. (Before we get started, go and make yourself a lovely hot cup of cocoa, coffee or tea and a grab yourself sweet treat, to really feel the festive spirit one last time before it comes to a close end!)

For me personally, 2013 has of course had its ups and downs, as it would have for most people. Even if you don’t realise it, a lot of things have happened across the year that included; big and small changes, happy and sad moments and exciting and daunting experiences. From all the events that have occurred, both personally and globally, you really get to think about how fortunate you are to live in such a beautiful, full of opportunities and adventurous world. Generous, loving and hardworking people that inspire and motivate us into achieving the best we can constantly surround us, which to me makes us better people, and luckily I am able to have these types of people there for me on a daily basis! 

Now I won’t be sharing deep, personal and sentimental stories that have happened across the year, because I do not want this post to be; mushy, sad, angry or just trying to seek attention, because I am not that type of person and I want to present my thoughts that are full of positive vibes. I plan on sharing how important life is with some of my favourite quotes and to remind us all to not worry about the silly mistakes or if someone is grinding our gears, because you never know when something could change and to be honest it never matters, but yes in that particular moment it feels like the world will come crumbling down on us and that nothing is going to get better.


1// 2// 3// 4//

So taking a step back from my little inspiration message there, 2013 will soon be in the past, another year gone by and yes regrets of what you didn’t do. (Each of us have thought about those moments we wished we experienced, even if you don’t want to admit it!) Well a fresh start to a brand new year only ever comes once every; 12 months, 52 weeks and 365 days, and that is why I know I will be making the most of it and starting to change certain parts of my lifestyle around. (This can be seen in the Goals & Resolutions at the bottom of the page.) From my own personal stories and actions, I know we all say at some point “that’s ok we will start it next Monday or next month will be a new start!” but really for me that never truly happens and I sadly don’t stick to it.

I always have lists on the go of different items that I need to research, make or organise and so I have decided that for 2014 my 3 main priorities will consist of; my study, health and fitness and my blog. I believe that if I maintain my focus in these three areas, whilst incorporating both relaxing and fun adventurous things then it should be a good and enjoyable year. After this year I will be heading into the world of University where I also plan on doing and experiencing so many more things in my life, but I am sure I will write about each each moment and step that I take, so I am able to share with you all out there, but also for me to one day look back on! 

So for ‘Violet & Daisy’ I have a monster list of blog post ideas (No surprise there - haha!) that I plan on creating throughout the year and here are a handful of my thoughts so far:

*Blogger Dedication posts: Sharing with you some of my favourite bloggers and what they publish on there own page of the Internet. This will hopefully allow you to not only open up to more bloggers in the world, but gain an idea of my style and taste.
*DIY: Do it yourself creations.
*Travel Destinations: Places that I someday dream of visiting with the top attractions, dining facilities and accommodation that I love.

If you have any other ideas that you think would be nice to incorporate then feel free to comment down below and I will definitely take it into consideration. 


1// 2// 3// 


2014: Goals & Resolutions

As a little extra to this post, I have decided to share with you a list of ‘Realistic’ goals and resolutions that I plan on hopefully achieving throughout 2014. Previous years I have set myself new years resolutions that lets just admit it now, I hardly stuck to. Hopefully I am not the only person out there and other will put their hands up as well to admit it? 
  
- Be more positive: As most girls do, we all have insecurities that we wish we could just erase or change, but sadly it isn’t that easy and it just simply comes down to human nature.  As of this, I have felt un-confident about certain parts of my body and way I look (which also leads me into another point listed below!), so I plan on looking past all of the ‘same old looking girls’ that to me always wear the same clothing as one another and wear the style of clothes that I love and suit my body type best. We all just have to realise that we are all different and cannot have the body that some stunning girl in the street or celebrity has, we just have to use what we have and do certain things to make ourselves feel better.

- Health & Fitness:  Firstly, I shall not going to be getting into my personal history about my health, because I could A) write an essay with the amount of tips, advice and information that I have learnt and B) I am not a hundred percent assured as of yet to share it with you all so hopefully you can all respect that and possibly one day I will build up the courage and see a change in myself for me to do it! 

I am sure that many individuals write on their ‘New Year Resolutions’ list; Eat healthy, loose weight and exercise more, but trust me it isn’t as easy as that. I have tried many things in the past and this upcoming January 1st I will be beginning a new healthy eating and exercise program that I have kind of created my self, from a number of different platforms such as; Instagram motivators, diet/ fitness programs and general online research. (I am not dietician, I just know what works best for me and the foods that I should be consuming to ensure that I gain a healthy and active body!)

 You definitely have to be dedicated and make sacrifices, if you want a serious lifestyle change. However if you just feel like you need to incorporate healthier foods into your diet then it is a little easier. I will have to stop my self here otherwise I would just keep on writing, but please let me know in the comments down below if you would interested in me possibly one day writing about my health and fitness experiences, schedules, recipes and notes that have personally helped me! 

- Experience more opportunities: From looking over the previous years, I have realised that I don’t really say ‘Yes’ to things that people ask me. Whether it is going out somewhere, participating in school activities or chances within my family. I am definitely the type of person who gets nervous when acting out something in front of a crowd, because I admit I am scared I will make a fool of myself, but isn’t that the fun part! So as this year is my final year of school (It is the equivalent to Senior year for you American’s reading!), I plan on joining in and hopefully making the most of the time I have left at school.

- Time Management: Now I know many people out there are currently feeling and thinking the same thoughts that I am at this very moment, which is procrastination! Over my schooling years, my time management has pretty much been a disgrace; I would leave projects until the last minute, continuously say, "that's ok I will start it tomorrow," and complete the list of things that interested me more. In 2013 I began to change my attitude and worked incredibly hard to achieve the grades that I had always wanted (Which I did end up to achieve shown on my final report!) I do have to admit that it was a lot of my other classmates that pushed me to do better in my subjects, because they were receiving higher results than me. Now this does not work for everyone, because clearly everyone's ability to do something is going to be totally different to another, but i definitely find that it works a dream for me. So after that short ramble, I am going to stick to my 3 priorities and really manage my time a lot more effectively, as this year is what counts1 


So I have to say after quite a lengthy post, I hoped you stayed with me and enjoyed what I wrote about, because I definitely think it is nice to just sit down and write. Write down your feelings, ideas and dreams.  I hope you all have a wonderful new year and let 2014 hold something very special for each and everyone of you!

Molly xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment